MESSAGE FROM DEPUTY COMMISSIONER
Aloha JR PREP Family,
In our efforts to promote the League in new areas on Oahu, we have been afforded the opportunity to hold games at Halawa District Park this Saturday. We are moving the D1 & D2 games between Laie Park and Halawa from Barbers Point to the Halawa District Park. Those games will start at 8:00am for the D1 and 9:45am for the D2.
As a result of the games being moved, the F1 & F2 flag games between KapCity and Ewa Beach at Barbers Point will start at 11:45am and run at the same time.
- Mondays – Kapolei Community Park (in the villages)
- Tuesday – Fridays – Kapolei Regional Park (across from the Library)
FLAG PRACTICE SCHEDULE:
- m/w/f – tuesday/thursday off
D1 TACKLE PRACTICE SCHEDULE
D2 TACKLE PRACTICE SCHEDULE
This Saturday’s Lineup at Barber’s Point Field.
D1 Tackle – KapCity vs. Ewa Beach (white)
D2 Tackle – KapCity vs. Ewa Beach (white)
D1 Tackle – Laie (red) vs. Halawa
D2 Tackle – Laie (red) vs. Halawa
3:15pm – FLAG TEAMS
F1 and F2 KapCity vs. Ewa Beach
- Please remember to park in the gravel lot next to the bowling alley and avoid parking on Enterprise Street. HPD does enforce the no parking!
- Keep field areas neat and clean, dispose of your trash and take your plastic bottles with you!
- Meal assignments & chain gang assignments will be distributed at Wednesday’s Practice. If you have any questions, please call 393-5844 directly. Have a great week!
Since D2 and Flag Teams have a BYE this weekend. Practice is cancelled for Elementary Tackle and both Flag Teams today (9/18) due to the rain and cancelled tomorrow (Friday, 9/19) due to Kapolei High School’s Homecoming. All player’s are invited to attend the games and cheer on our High School JV and Varsity Teams. Wear your KapCity Hurricanes Jersey!!!!
At this time, D1 is still scheduled to report to practice. We will update the blog again at 4pm.
SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 20
We’re in for another exciting weekend of football, and our D1 will step on the field first (see schedule below).
BARBERS POINT FIELD
8:00AM D1 – Intermediate Tackle – vs. METRO TIGERS, Report 6:30am
9:45AM D2 – Elementary Tackle – vs. METRO TIGERS, Report 8:15am
11:45AM F1 – Flag – vs. METRO TIGERS, Report 10:45am
12:45PM F2 – Flag – vs. METRO TIGERS, Report 11:45am
Meal Assignments and Chain Gang Assignments will be given no later than Thursday, 9/18. Those assigned to bring food/drinks will also be required to serve the players after the game and clean up. Those assigned to chain gang must wear closed shoes, no slippers. Keep in mind all coaches and team managers are volunteers giving freely of their time for your child. Please reciprocate and do your part to support the team managers and coaches during the season.
Parking Notice: Please do not violate the parking rules. HPD will monitor the main road – Enterprise Street, so please kokua and do not park there except to load/unload heavy equipment.
Alcohol and Tobacco: HSJPSA events are alcohol and tobacco free. Please do not light up your cigarettes during the games, near the field or in the presence of the players. You’ll need to smoke off property.
Taking Care of our Home Field: This is our home field for the season, please help us keep the area neat and clean. Pick up your rubbish and dispose of it properly in the trash bags and trash cans provided at the field. Take your plastic bottles with you!
Medics: We have two medics for the tackle teams. Ziandra Benjamin is taking care of the D1 and Albert Carman is taking care of the D2. We thank them for offering their services as they are both trained in more than just basic CPR and First Aid.
KAPCITY HURRICANES WEEK 1 GAME SCHEDULE:
11:30AM – D2 Challenge Waipahu Saints
1:30PM – F1 and F2 – Challenge Central Razorbacks
D1 – BYE
Barber’s Point – Pointer Track and Field
91-1259 Saratoga Ave and corner of Enterprise in Kalaeloa. Enter on Saratoga to get to the parking lot which is the same entrance as the bowling alley.
- No Parking on the street sides or in the bowling alley parking lot. Parking is in the gravel lot only.
- All rubbish is placed in trash bins and plastic bags.
- Restrooms are kept neat and clean.
- No vehicles shall enter the field except Emergency Vehicles.
- Referee Parking is reserved on Belleau Woods Street (along the chain link fence).
Report Times will be announced on Friday by Head Coaches.